The Austin Board of REALTORS® Industry Awards honors ABoR members who have made outstanding contributions to the Central Texas real estate industry and their community.
What’s New in 2018
Starting this year, we’re excited to partner with Platinum Top 50 (PT50) for our ABoR Industry Awards Program!
What Has Changed?
- Two Awards Programs, One Application: By virtue of submitting an application through PT50, you are eligible to qualify for an ABoR Industry Award. Note: Applicant must meet ABoR awards criteria (see below). Using their expert algorithm, PT50 will provide ABoR with a list of qualified nominees for consideration*.
- Updated Application Timeline: The typical ABoR Industry Awards application timeline has been moved up considerably to align with PT50’s application timeline.
- Applicants, Not Nominees: In the past, ABoR Industry Awards have centered around nominating a colleague for an award (although self-nominations were always accepted). Now, nominees are encouraged to apply for an award themselves.
- Finalists! We’ll be announcing 2018 Industry Award Finalists in advance of the Industry Awards & Installation. Finalists will be announced in October 2018.
Applications are now open! Apply by August 31 at PT50Austin.com.
2018 Industry Awards Deadlines
- July 9, 2018: Applications Open for PT50 & ABoR Industry Awards
- August 31, 2018: Application Deadline for PT50 & ABoR Industry Awards
- Mid-October 2018: ABoR Industry Awards Finalists Announced
- December 7, 2018: Winners Announced at the 2018 ABoR Awards & Installation (details coming soon!)
Award Categories & Eligibility
REALTOR® of the Year
The REALTOR® of the Year Award is bestowed on an ABoR member who has made outstanding contributions to the real estate profession at the local, state and national level, as well as in his or her local community. The recipient must be a primary REALTOR® member of the Austin Board of REALTORS®. Note: The ABoR Board President is not eligible to receive this award during his or her term of service as extensive service is obligatory based on the elected office.
Salesperson of the Year
The Salesperson of the Year Award Criteria is based on an evaluation of the nominee’s outstanding contribution to the real estate industry in terms of overall achievement. This award is independent of the top producer awards given out by PT50 and other organizations. The award recipient will be chosen based on participation in ABoR, TAR and NAR activities, spirit of cooperation, personal production, and educational achievements. The recipient must be a primary REALTOR® member of the Austin Board of REALTORS®.
Rookie of the Year
The Rookie of the Year Award Criteria is based on an evaluation of the nominee’s contribution to the real estate profession in terms of overall achievement. A “rookie” is defined as an individual with 24 months or less experience as a REALTOR®. This award is independent of similar awards given out by individual companies. The recipient will be chosen based on participation in ABoR activities, personal production, and educational achievements. The recipient must be a primary REALTOR® member of the Austin Board of REALTORS®. Note: Nominees must have earned their real estate license between August 31, 2016, and August 31, 2018 (two years prior to application deadline).
Community Service Award
The Community Service Award Criteria is based on an evaluation of the nominee’s outstanding dedication to public service in his or her community. This person may donate a significant amount of time to local service organizations, work individually in the community or inspire others to volunteer their time. Participation in cultural diversity programs and organizations on a local, state and national level will also be considered. The recipient must be a primary REALTOR® member of the Austin Board of REALTORS®.
Affiliate of the Year*
The Affiliate of the Year Award Criteria is based on an evaluation of the nominee’s business accomplishments and participation in ABoR activities and also for contributions to other business-affiliated organizations and the community at large. The recipient must be an Affiliate member of the Austin Board of REALTORS®.
*Note: Affiliate of the Year applications will not be accepted through the PT50 application, but will continue to be accepted through a direct submission process. All active Affiliate members will recieve an application via email on July 9 and must submit the completed application to Danielle Archambault at email@example.com by August 31, 2018.
For more information about the ABoR Industry Awards program or the 2018 Industry Awards & Installation, email Danielle Archambault at firstname.lastname@example.org.