On June 18, the National Association of REALTORS® launched a REALTOR® call for action urging Congress to renew the National Flood Insurance Program before it expires July 31.
Visit realtorparty.realtor/renewnfip to send your message to Congress now.
[button link=”https://realtorparty.realtor/member-consumer/calls-for-action/take-action.html?vvsrc=%2fcampaigns%2f59553%2frespond%3futm_source%3dshorturl%26utm_medium%3dwebsite%26utm_campaign%3dflood2018%26TrackingID%3dflood2018-shorturl-website” type=”big” newwindow=”yes”] TAKE ACTION NOW[/button]
Why renew NFIP?
Flood insurance isn’t just for coastal properties—inland areas flood, too. And if the NFIP lapses, up to 40,000 transactions per month could be affected.
The National Association of REALTORS® supports several revisions to the program:
- Reauthorizing and gradually strengthening the NFIP so it’s sustainable over the long run
- Encouraging the development of private market options to offer comparable flood insurance coverage at lower cost than NFIP
- Providing federal assistance to high-risk property owners, including guaranteed loans, grants, and buyouts to build to higher standards and keep insurance rates affordable
- Providing fair flood insurance rates that better reflect the property’s flood risk
- Improving flood map accuracy so fewer property owners have to file expensive appeals