By: Becky Collins – 2019 President
It seems like only yesterday I was stepping into the role of President of the HBA, and yet in a few short weeks, as 2019 draws to a close, I will pass the gavel to our incoming President Joe Fowler.
As I reflect on these past 12 months, full of rich and rewarding experiences, I am thankful, honored and humbled to have been given the opportunity to serve such an amazing and important organization. It has truly been a highlight of my career.
I have met and worked alongside intelligent, hardworking and dedicated individuals and groups of people that have made a tremendous impact on our Association and our industry. It has been exciting to see what we achieve when working together with a common purpose.
Here is a small sample of what it looked like in 2019:
• We held a Rally Day at the Capital, which resulted in a productive legislative session with a high number of successful pro-housing issues.
• We celebrated our Members at our annual Marketing & Excellence Awards (MAX) Gala, including our 2019 Builder of the Year David Weekly, our Custom Builder of the Year David Wilkes Builders and our Developer of the Year Santa Rita Ranch.
• We gave back to our communities through the generosity of our builders via our Benefit Home and our partnership with HomeAid.
• We welcomed our new CEO, Carrie Ciliberto, who hit the ground running with her wealth of knowledge. Carrie brought a fresh, new perspective and a ton of great ideas.
• We worked hard, played hard, learned a lot and had fun at the many HBA events throughout the year.
• We advocated on behalf of our members and the housing industry and were recognized with a National Advocacy Award for those efforts. We want our members voices to be heard!
• We grew our membership and found new ways to welcome them through our New Member orientation luncheons and our Wine’d Down Wednesdays.
• We brought new programming to the HBA along with three new major events: the Workforce Development Career Fair, a Design Summit and our upcoming Holiday Home Tour.
There are so many people to thank for the successes of the HBA this year! I’ll start with my Board of Directors for all of their hard work. We set high goals, faced any challenges head on, and took accountability for creating long-term benefits for our members. I can’t thank you enough for your willingness to serve and volunteer your time and energy to our association.
I want to give the HBA staff a huge shout out for all they do behind the scenes for our association. Carrie Ciliberto has an amazing staff that works hard to ensure everything runs smoothly.
Thank you to all of our Corporate Partners, committee/council members, and volunteers for contributing your valuable time, sponsorship and efforts. Your contributions to the HBA are helping to advance the vision that all people in the Greater Austin area live in communities and homes that enable them to thrive.
It has been my privilege to serve as the 2019 President of the Home Builders Association of Greater Austin. I am looking forward to what 2020 will bring and I hope to see you at a future event.
Wishing you all a very merry holiday season and a happy New Year.