By Steve Crorey
The Thanksgiving season is a time for gratitude and celebration. As my time as ABoR President comes to an end, I’m proud to announce next year’s leaders for ABoR and our MLS, ACTRIS. It’s been an exciting year of change, collaboration and new beginnings at ABoR, and I am eager to see what our incoming president, Kevin Scanlan, will accomplish when he takes the reins in 2019.
If you see them in the field, please join me in congratulating our 2019 leadership.
- Kevin Scanlan (All City Real Estate), 2019 President
- Romeo Manzanilla (RealtyAustin), 2019 President Elect
- Susan Horton (John Horton Realty), 2019 Secretary/Treasurer
- Steve Crorey (Sierra Homes Realty), 2019 Past President
- Robert McKenna, (AustinReps, LLC), Director, 2017-2019
- Jonathan Boatwright (Realty Austin), Director, 2018-2020
- Charlotte Lipscomb (Compass), Director, 2018-2020
- Ryan Rodenbeck (Spyglass Realty and Investments), Director, 2018-2020
- Cord Shiflet (Moreland Properties), Director, 2018-2020
- Brian Talley, (Regent Property Group, LLC), Director, 2018-2020
- John Crowe, (Juice Real Estate Co.), Director, 2018-2019
- Anne Wheeler (Gottesman Residential Real Estate), Director, 2019-2021
- Ashley Holmes Jackson, (Allure Real Estate), Director, 2019-2021
- Shay Millheiser, (Kuper Sotheby’s International Realty), Director, 2019-2021
- Kent Redding, (Berkshire Hathaway Texas Realty), Director, 2019-2021
- Austin Stowell (KEEP Real Estate), Director, 2019-2021
- Job Hammond (Dash Realty), Director, 2019
Introducing Remedy — An Exciting New Healthcare Benefit for ABoR Members
Urgent care costs are expensive, and that’s especially true if you’re a small business owner or an independent contractor. What’s more, it can be difficult to get to an urgent care facility if you’re out in the field or stranded at home with your children.
Well, ABoR has a remedy for that. Starting Monday, Nov. 19, ABoR will launch our first-ever healthcare benefit for members that will give you access to urgent care on your schedule, at your location and at a much-lower cost than many urgent care facilities.
From 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day, Remedy provides same-day house calls throughout the Austin area and secure, on-demand video visits. Both services can work with or without insurance, and prescriptions are sent directly to your pharmacy. The best thing is that there’s a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so if they can’t treat you, you don’t pay.
On top of these services, ABoR members will receive the following exclusive cost savings and benefits:
- Choice of a one-time FREE house call (with or without insurance) or a $120
- 30% discounted rate of $119 on self-pay house calls
- 20% discount on all other Remedy services
- Exclusive access to the ABoR Health portal, powered by Remedy
- Unlimited toll-free support (8 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day) via MyRemedy.com or 844-REMEDY-5
Remedy is already a go-to service among many Central Texas REALTORS and brokers, so we’re thrilled to offer it at an even greater discount to our members. To learn more about Remedy, go to ABoR.com/Remedy.
Celebrate with us: 2018 Industry Awards and Installation on December 7
Our annual Industry Awards celebration is on track to be our biggest and best yet! Join me at the JW Marriott Austin on Friday, Dec. 7, to toast our 2018 ABoR Industry Awards winners, as well as induct our 2019 Board President Kevin Scanlan and 2019 Boards of Directors for ABoR and the ABoR Foundation. More than 200 ABoR members and Austin-area dignitaries join us each year for dinner, cocktails, live music and a lot of fun. It’s always a night to remember, so register soon! Learn more about our Industry Awards finalists and purchase tickets at ABoR.com/Celebration.
Don’t forget, you can use our Engage Portal (ABoR.com/Engage) to post comments, questions or suggestions for ABoR staff and leaders. It’s also not too late to follow me on Facebook (@2018ABoRPresident) for need-to-know association news, calls for action and monthly “President’s Corner” videos. Have a great rest of the month and a Happy Thanksgiving! RL