By Steve Crorey • 2018 President
Pack your bags for The Great American Road Trip at the Palmer Events Center on October 17! Join real estate professionals from all across Central Texas for an exciting day of networking and prize giveaways! Our annual member meeting and trade show is your chance to showcase your business and its services to your peers, mingle with real estate professionals and gain valuable connections to boost your business toward success. Whether you’re a Realty Round Up veteran or this will be your first time attending, don’t miss these key highlights to make the most of your experience:
• Listen as keynote speaker Joseph Rand, managing partner of Better Homes and Gardens Rand Realty, shares business-building insights from his new book, “Disruptors, Discounters, and Doubters.”
• Build valuable connections and make new friends by mingling with more than 200 exhibitors. You might even get some cool free swag!
• Turn in a completed punch card by the end of the day for a chance to win cool prizes and giveaways! Did someone say Apple Watch?
• Purchase an ABoR Foundation Raffle Ticket for your chance to win a new Audi Q5! Proceeds from ticket sales will go toward local causes related to housing, education and disaster relief.
• From social media hacks to MLS product demos, attendees can earn SEVEN free CE hours with FREE ABoR Academy courses. Seats are limited so be sure to arrive early!
Attendance is FREE for ABoR REALTOR members if you register by October 5 at ABoRRoundUp.com. I’ll see you there!
REALTOR safety starts with you
As a real estate agent, it’s common for agents to interact with strangers online and in-person, involving a certain level of risk. The best way to protect yourself? Arm yourself with a smart approach to safety. With September being REALTOR Safety Month, the National Association of REALTORS and your Association encourage you to keep safety at the top of your mind—not just this month, but throughout the year. From regularly-scheduled safety webinars, safety strategies and extensive resources, browse and share NAR’s helpful safety materials by visiting www.nar.realtor/safety.
Coming Next Month: ABoR Board of Directors election & committee call
Two big ABoR happenings are taking place in October, and I’m not talking about Realty Round Up! Our 2019 Board of Directors ballot election will take place October 15-19, 2018. ABoR Primary and Secondary REALTOR members will be able to cast their vote online, on site at ABoR HQ and at Realty Round Up. Check out the current list of candidates and more information at ABoR.com/Election.
In addition, ABoR’s annual Committee Call will also take place in October! Serving on an ABoR committee is an excellent way to expand your network, gain leadership skills and make an impact in your association and your industry. Stay tuned to ABoR.com and your email inbox for more details!
As always, you can contact the ABoR Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments, questions or concerns and don’t forget to follow me on Facebook (@2018ABoRPresident) for need-to-know association news, calls for action and monthly President’s Corner videos! RL